ECORE Advanced Wall Technology.
Introducing ECORE™ Advanced Wall Technology, the industry's first "no-compromise" eco-friendly wallcovering platform — exclusively from OMNOVA Solutions. ECORE technology is based on a revolutionary construction that uses microscopic nano-structures to create an innovative, lightweight, non-PVC substrate. Large and small scale designs can be printed using the ECORE platform with the same clarity and precision as conventional wallcoverings.
Besides being an eco-friendly solution for interiors, wallcoverings featuring ECORE technology deliver Type II performance and durability, a Class A Fire Rating and low VOC emissions. They install using standard installation procedures — no special tooling or training is required. ECORE products are also 100% recyclable and feature a post-use reclamation program. Plus, they're breathable. And beautiful.
• Eco-Friendly Construction
• GREENGUARD Certified for Low VOC Emissions
• USGBC LEED Program Compatible
• Durable with a Long Life-Cycle
• 100% Recyclable
• Safety and Fire Protection
• Water-based inksNon-PVC substrate. Printed with water-based inks.
• Does not contain Perfluoro Octanoic Acid (PFOA), nor will it degrade to PFOA.
• Does not contain formaldehyde.
• Cadmium- and mercury-free.
• Lightweight, with Type II performance. Because ECORE Advanced Wall Technology uses lightweight nanostructures for strength, shipments of the product use fewer natural resources and result in reduced transportation costs.
Indoor Air Quality
Low VOC EmissionsOMNOVA commercial wallcoverings manufactured using ECORE Advanced Wall Technology have been tested for their chemical emissions performance and are:
• GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® for low VOC emissions. GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified Product Certification Program tests for low emitting interior building materials, furnishings, and finish systems.
• GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified for very low emissions. GREENGUARD Children & Schools Product Certification Program complies with the State of California’s Department of Health Services Standard Practice (CA Section 01350) for testing chemical emissions from building products used in schools. As such, GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified products can be used to earn valuable credits in the CHPS Best Practices Manual for K-12 Schools.
Durable with Long Life Cycle
• Meets stain resistance requirements of CCC-W-408-D.
• Meets or exceeds all Type II commercial wallcovering requirements outlined in the CCC-W-408-D for physicals and performance.
• Typical Tensile: 150 x 129 lbs.
• Typical Tear: 73 x 62 (scale reading).
• Washable/Scrubbable. Meets or exceeds Gardner Scrubbability Test ASTM D 2486; 300 cycles using a cleaning solution with no damage to finish or print.
• Superior life cycle performance with minimal maintenance. Specifying and maintaining durable products that perform exceptionally well throughout their service life and last longer than paint is part of a sustainability strategy. When ECORE remains on the wall for an extended period of time, less energy is used, fewer raw materials are consumed and less waste is generated. Specifying ECORE Advanced Wall Technology yields both reduced environmental impact and life-cycle costs.
The Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR) or perm rate is a measurement of the permeability of a material or the degree to which water vapor can pass through a material. The higher the perm rate, the easier it is for water vapor to pass through.
Wallcoverings featuring ECORE Advanced Wall Technology have a perm rate of at least 100 Perms, as measured by a third party accredited laboratory, using the ASTM E-96 Method B. While the construction industry has yet to recognize a single test procedure, the ASTM E-96 Standard Test is being used by many companies in the building products industry. The term “breathable” is often used in the construction industry to describe materials with perm ratings greater than 10. A measurement of over 100 Perms indicates ECORE material has significant permeability and is breathable.
It is important to keep in mind that no wall surfacing material, including ECORE, is a solution for a building with moisture problems. If sufficient moisture is permitted to accumulate in a wall or wall cavity, mold and other moisture related damage will occur regardless of the type of wall surfacing material that is used. The only way to prevent mold or other moisture related damage is to take corrective action to eliminate the source of moisture accumulation. If a wall already had low or no permeability (due to prior painting or other causes), installing ECORE will not provide any permeability benefit to the wall system. The permeability of ECORE means that it should not be used in certain applications, such as some bathrooms and kitchens where spills, splashes or high humidity could damage the underlying walls. In such cases, OMNOVA’s standard vinyl wallcovering may be appropriate.
• RecyclableWallcoverings featuring ECORE are 100% post-consumer recyclable.
• Construction waste as well as post-use material can be returned for recycling as part of OMNOVA Solutions ECORE Reclamation Program.
Safety and Fire Protection
• Meets or exceeds Class A wallcovering requirements.
• NFPA 101 and IBC Class A interior wall and finish rating when tested using ASTM-E84 method on Type X gypsum board and when tested in accordance with NFPA 286.
• MEA Approved, NY Department of Buildings.
Supports USGBC LEED Program
Wallcoverings featuring ECORE Advanced Wall Technology can be used effectively with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system for both new construction (NC) and commercial interiors (CI) projects. It is important to note that these wallcoverings do not, nor does any other construction material, carry their own LEED rating. ECORE wallcovering can be used for LEED projects in the following categories:
500 mile radius from Columbus, MSCategory: Materials & Resources:
Category: Materials & Resources:
M.R. 2.1: Construction Waste Management/Divert 50% from landfill. (See Note 2)
M.R. 2.2: Construction Waste Management/Divert 75% from landfill. (See Note 3)
Category: Environmental Quality:
E.Q. 4.1: Low Emitting Materials: Adhesives and Sealants. (See Note 4)
1. Applies to both LEED-NC and LEED-CI projects.
2. Wallcoverings featuring ECORE Advanced Wall Technology are 100% recyclable. Applies to Commercial Interiors (CI) projects only.
4. Applies to both LEED-NC and LEED-CI projects. Low emitting adhesives are recommended for installation of wallcoverings featuring ECORE Advanced Wall Technology.