1. Wallpaper is a great impersonator. It can change the visual appearance of your room in many ways.
Decide what you want to accomplish in each room in your home. How do you want to feel when you go into a particular room? Wallpaper, like a fine set of clothing helps you make the most of your room's strong points, while masking its weaker features.
* brightens a dark room
* adds character to a dull room
* warms up a room with no architectural features
* creates a cozy atmosphere
* frames the room's best features
* reveals your personality more than any other wall treatment
In addition, wallpaper featuring certain patterns such as stripes and overall prints to perform optical illusions that make rooms that ordinarily look too long, too boxy or have low ceilings appear more proportionate.
2. Wallpaper makes the greatest impact in your room, in a single-application.
No other decorating product offers so much color, design and coverage to suit any mood, taste and need.
3. Wallpaper is economical.
While many wall treatments may seem inexpensive, you have to consider the long-term care of them. Many of today's wallpaper varieties have a life of seven to ten years. In addition, wallpapers defined as scrubbable may be cleaned with soap, warm water and a gentle sponging ù a must in the active family's busy where every square inch of space is used.
4. Wallpaper is easy to install.
Don't be fooled! Hanging wallpaper is fun and easy - when you follow the manufacturer's instructions that come with each roll of your wallpaper. You also can speak to your local retailer who will be happy to provide helpful hints and tips to make your job easier. Many retailers, in fact, offer wallpaper hanging clinics geared to the first-time hanger. Make it a party. Invite a friend, put on some music and watch your walls come to life!
5. Wallpaper sets a theme.
Use it throughout the house. Today's wallpaper collections are user-friendly, featuring a host of coordinating patterns, borders and color schemes that create a unified design theme throughout your home. Spread some personality in every room!
6. Wallpaper makes the most of your favorite things.
Do you love sailing, golfing, the seashore? Do you collect pipes, dolls, china or impressionistic prints? Frame out a favorite collection or pastime with wallpaper that helps accentuate your favorite things.
7. Wallpaper creates detail where there once was none.
Moved in to a house that has all the personality of a plain white box? Try some wallpaper. Wallpaper is the economical way to add missing architectural elements to your room without hiring a general contractor. Create a chair rail with a wallpaper border. Use a full-wall pattern cut into proportionate shapes to make a paneled effect up a wall leading to a vaulted ceiling. Draw attention to a fireplace focal-point wall by wrapping it with a strong pattern, or create a focal-point wall using the same strong pattern on any blank wall. All it takes is a little imagination.
8. Wallpaper coordinates with the looks you love.
Today's wallpaper designers have captured virtually every fashion statement popular today from fresh country looks to upscale modern motifs.
9. Wallpaper adds value to your home.
* Covers flaws in the wall surface that paint can't.
* Protects the wall surface from marks made by today's busy family.
* Provides certain air of quality and richness not found in uncovered walls.
* An excellent fast-fix for those selling their home. Wallpaper offers a wide range of subtle patterns and colors to neutralize the interior to fit anyone's style.
* Adds value to your most important investment. Retail studies show that a tastefully decorated home can attain a 10 to 15 percent increase in property value.
10. Wallpaper is always IN.
Wallpaper is a timeless decorating product. As new styles emerge, wallpaper designers capture it, define it and present it in a variety of color choices. With its ability to capture any style or color scheme, wallpaper helps you express your personality and style - from contemporary to romantic to country or eclectic!